Equities Settings affect parameters of stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, indices, and indicators symbols. These settings include display properties, volume subgraph visibility, and Extended Session viewing parameters.
To customize the Equities chart settings:
1. Make sure the Chart Settings window is open. For information on accessing this window, refer to the Preparation Steps article.
2. Choose the Equities tab.
3. Choose the Price type to be displayed on chart: Last, Ask, Bid, or Mark. Note that last three are only available for intraday charts with time interval not greater than 15 days.
4. Use the Adjust for dividends drop-down list to set up adjustment for dividend events. When the adjustment is enabled, the dividend amount is subtracted from OHLC values of all candles prior the dividend event. VWAP values will also be affected in the same way. Composite symbols can be adjusted as well: in this case, the price data of a composite symbol will be calculated after adjusting data of each of its parts.
By default, the Special adjustment mode is on, which means that the price data is only adjusted for special dividend events. Select All to enable adjustment for all dividend events or select None to disable the adjustment.
Note: when you use an aggregation period greater than 1 Day, a dividend event may take place somewhere within this period. Since the price adjustment only affects the candles prior the event, the aggregation of daily adjusted data into, e.g., a monthly candle will only adjust the opening price, while the closing price will not be adjusted. High and low prices may or may not be adjusted, which depends on whether the highest or lowest price was registered before or after the dividend event.
5. Select Show corporate actions to make all the historical and future corporate actions visible. Note that future corporate actions demand expansion of the chart subgraph, which can be set on the Time axis tab. For more information, refer to the Time Axis Settings article.
6. Select Show CNBC video to display CNBC icons above the bars corresponding to dates when the news was presented.
7. Select Show options to display listed options on the main subgraph. Note that listed options require expansion of the chart subgraph which can be set on the Time axis tab. For more information, refer to the Time Axis Settings article. The number of visible option strikes in each series can be specified within the Strikes field.
8. Select Show Social Sentiment to add the Social Sentiment histogram to a lower subgraph.
9. Select Show volume subgraph to display volume histogram on the chart. Note that you can view the volume and the price plot on a single subgraph. For more information, see the General Settings article.
10. Select Show Extended-Hours Trading session to view the non-trading hours on the intraday chart. If the option is not selected, only real trading hours (8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Central Standard Time) will be viewed. Select Highlight Extended-Hours Trading session if you prefer to mark the non-trading hours in a different color. When the Extended-Hours Trading session is hidden, you can select Start aggregations at market open so that intraday bars are aggregated starting at regular market open (8:30 am CST).