General Settings are common for all chartings, they affect visibility, snapping, and synchronization of chart elements.
To customize general settings
1. Make sure the Chart Settings window is open. For information on accessing this window, refer to the Preparation Steps article.
2. Choose the General tab.
3. Select the Show orders checkbox to make available orders visible on the chart.
4. Customize alert visibility settings in the Alerts drop-down list:
- Show alerts. Select this option to display all alerts at corresponding price levels with description bubbles.
- Show arrows only. Select this option to display arrows marking the alerts at the corresponding price levels and hide their descriptions.
- Do not show. Select this option if you wish to hide all the alerts on the chart.
5. Select Show studies to display study plots on the subgraphs. If the option is not selected, studies will not be visible as well as lower studies’ subgraphs. Selecting Highlight studies on hover will enable study highlighting on chart.
6. Customize other visibility options in the Display area:
- Select the Show high/low bubbles option to display the highest and the lowest prices of the entire price plot in bubbles.
- Select the Show last price bubble option to display the last price value in a bubble on the price axis.
- Select Extend order/alert line to the left to display price levels of working orders and alerts as horizontal lines across the subgraph. This option might be useful when placing orders and alerts assessing historical data.
- Select Show Symbol Logo to display the logo of current instrument (if available) in the upper left corner of the chart.
- Select Show Trades so that your trade execution history will be displayed on chart. The trades will be displayed as "pills" next to the corresponding chart bars: the buy side trades below, and the sell side above. In case there were several trades of the same side corresponding to the same bar, the "pill" will be stacked. Stacked "pills" display the total trade size and average execution size. Click on a stacked "pill" to view the data for each trade in it.
7. Select the snapping type for the drawings from the Snap drawings to drop-down list. You can turn on snap to bind drawing key points to specific points of the price plot.
- OHLC. Select this option to snap drawing key points to the closest price point of the bar: Open, High, Low, or Close. In other words, the key point placed close to one of the price points will be moved precisely to it.
- Bar center. Select this option to snap drawing key points to the bar center line. That is, a key point cannot be placed between the bars; it will be moved to the closest bar line instead.
- Tick. Select this option to snap drawing key points to the closest tick.
- None. Select this option to turn off all the snaps so that the key points can be set freely across the subgraphs.
8. Customize synchronization options in the Synchronize area:
- Select Crosshairs position to be able to move crosshairs on all opened charts simultaneously. Each new chart instance will display the crosshairs in the same position as on all other charts. Note that this option will also add a separate Data Box to each chart in the grid if you chose the Floating mode for the Data Box.
- Select Notify me of unsaved drawings to be notified of drawings on chart that will be lost if unsaved.
9. Select the time zone from the Time Zone drop-down list to set it for all charts. Note that changes in chart time zone do not impact orders and alerts that have timed conditions within Order Rules and Alert Rules window. These are based off your local time.
10. Select Show price subgraph to make the main subgraph visible, otherwise it will be removed from the chart. Note that turning this option off only works when any other subgraph is shown.
11. Select Overlap volume to display the volume histogram on the upper subgraph. Note that in this case the price axis will still display the price, not the volume.
12. Select the desirable Data Box mode using the Data Box drop-down list. Choose Fixed from the list so that it will be displayed as a separate element, or Floating to have it follow the cursor. You can also turn off the status string as it shows the same values as the Data Box; in order to do that, select Autohide status string.
13. Select the mode of displaying My Tools using the My Tools drop-down list. Selecting On each chart will add the toolbar to each chart in the grid. Choosing Single panel will add a common toolbar for the whole grid. To disable My Tools, select Off.