Forex Settings affect parameters of all Forex symbols. These settings include price type and volume subgraph visibility.
To customize the Forex chart settings:
1. Make sure the Chart Settings window is open. For information on accessing this window, refer to the Preparation Steps article.
2. Choose the Forex tab which will help you define the settings.
3. Select the Price type to be plotted on the chart:
- Bid. This option plots the highest exchange rate at which buyers are ready to purchase the currency pair.
- Ask. This option plots the lowest exchange rate at which sellers are ready to trade the currency pair.
- Mark. This option plots the midpoint price between the bid and the ask prices.
- Last. This option plots the last trade executed between orders routed through the thinkorswim system and the dealing desk. It may not be indicative of the actual exchange rate.
4. Select Show volume subgraph to display volume histogram on the chart. Note that volume is displayed for real transactions so that this option is only applicable for the Last price type.