On this page, you will find information on how to search for Fibonacci patterns on charts. Find the descriptions of each individual Fibonacci pattern here.
Here is how you can search for Fibonacci patterns in Charts:
1. Click the Patterns button above the chart and choose Select patterns... The Select Patterns dialog window will appear.
2. On the Fibonacci tab, select the patterns you would like to search for and click Add selected. You can click Add all so the system will search for every known Fibonacci pattern. All the selected patterns will be displayed as a list to the right.
3. To remove a pattern from the list, click Remove next to it. To remove all patterns from the list, click the Remove all button below.
4. To customize the parameters of a pattern, click the Settings button next to it. The Settings dialog will appear.
5. On the Parameters tab of the Settings window, you can customize the following:
Pattern length. Specify the minimum and the maximum pattern length in bars.
Direction. Specify the direction of the anticipated trend after pattern completion: bullish, bearish, or either.
6. On the Display tab, the following options are available:
- Levels. Choose which levels you would like to display next to the pattern. Customize the visual parameters of the levels: colors, line style, and line width. You can choose different parameters for different levels.
- Pattern line. Define the visual parameters for pattern display: color, line style, and line width.
7. All the specified parameters can be set as default. Click the Set as default button so that all the patterns added further to the list will have the same parameters as the current one. Clicking the Reset button will set all parameters to previously saved defaults.
8. Use the split button below to save the changes. Click Apply to save the parameters for the currently selected pattern only. Click Apply to all to save the parameters for all patterns on your list. You will be redirected to the Select patterns dialog.
9. Click OK. The system will start searching for all chosen patterns right away.
10. When a pattern is found on the chart, you can right-click it to fine-tune its parameters, remove it from the chart, or hide all the patterns.
The strategies presented in this guide are for educational purposes only and are not a recommendation of a specific investment or investment strategy. Past performance of a security or strategy does not guarantee future results or success.
Options are not suitable for all investors as the special risks inherent to options trading may expose investors to potentially rapid and substantial losses. Options trading subject to TD Ameritrade review and approval. Please read Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before investing in options.
Spreads and other multiple-leg option strategies can entail substantial transaction costs, including multiple commissions, which may impact any potential return.
Supporting documentation for any claims, comparison, statistics, or other technical data will be supplied upon request.
TD Ameritrade does not make recommendations or determine the suitability of any security, strategy or course of action for you through your use of our trading tools. Any investment decision you make in your self-directed account is solely your responsibility.
Market volatility, volume and system availability may delay account access and trade executions.
While this manual discusses technical analysis, other approaches, including fundamental analysis, may assert very different views.
TD Ameritrade Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc., and the Toronto-Dominion Bank © 2021 TD Ameritrade