The Account Statement interface provides you with a line-item description of how funds have moved within your account, including:
- order history
- trade history
- breakdown of your equities, options, and futures positions
- your profits and losses
- summary of your forex account if you have one
- account summary
By default, all the data is shown for the last 24 hours. You can specify a custom date range, including a past period of time, in the dropdown next to your account number. Note: The Commissions YTD value is always displayed on the year-to-date basis, no matter what period you select.
In addition, you can view the data for a specified symbol only. To do so, use the symbol selector next to the date range selector. You can also link the account statement to a watchlist, so clicking through the watchlist automatically displays the symbols in the statement. To link the account statement to a symbol, click on the 'clip' icon next to the symbol selector and make sure the watchlist and the account statement have the same color code.
Cash & Sweep Vehicle
The Cash & Sweep Vehicle section contains such information as the account balance at the start of the day, moves in and out of your Money Market or Sweep vehicle, and line items summarizing all of your trades. In addition, you can determine the Fees & Commissions associated with each trade.
To see all the transactions, click on the V-shaped arrow to the left of the Cash & Sweep Vehicle title. You can also filter the transactions you would like to see. To do so, click on the Transactions drop-down and choose from: Trades, Deposits, Withdrawals, Transfers, Dividends or Interest, and Start of day balances.
Futures Cash Balance and Forex Cash Balance
The Futures Cash Balance section is displayed below the Cash & Sweep Vehicle section. If you have a forex account, you will see a Forex Cash Balance section as well.
The data in the Futures Cash Balance and Forex Cash Balance sections is similar to that in the Cash & Sweep Vehicle section, however, it is specific to your futures and forex balances.
The Order History section allows you to view and manage your orders. Here is how you can use it:
- Click on the V-shaped arrow to the left of the title to expand the section. You will see a table with a detailed history of every trade placed in the account.
- The columns across the top are Time Placed; Spread; Side (indicating buy or sell order); Quantity involved in the trade; Position Effect (to open or to close a position); Symbol; Expiration (if you are trading a contract); Strike (if your contract is related to a specific strike price, it will be displayed here); Price of the order; Order Type; TIF (Time in Force); and the current Status of the order.
- You can customize your columns by right clicking on the name of a column and choosing Customize. In the menu that appears, you can add or remove items by selecting a spec and clicking the appropriate action button (Add items or Remove items). You can re-order the current set of columns by selecting an item you would like to move in the Current Set pane and then clicking the Move Up or Move Down buttons. Once your columns are set, click OK and view your customized table.
- As with most columns on the platform, you can sort by any of these columns by clicking on that column's header. An up arrow will appear, which indicates the ascending sort. Clicking again will give the column a descending sort (indicated by a down arrow ). To return to the unsorted state, click again.
- Right-click a position to have the ability to analyze an order or send a similar one.
- To quickly view the order ID and summarized description of the order, click the Less fields button on the right side of Order History. If you need to go back to the previous view, simply click the button again to flip back.
The Trade History section illustrates very similar information to Order History but with a few key differences:
- Trade History only displays orders than have been filled
- You will see the details of each order as well as how many shares or contracts were filled at a specific time.
- You will find the price at which your orders from were filled and a button to the right that when clicked, will bring up a popup window to View Average Fill Prices.
Equities, Options, and Futures
The Equities, Options, and Futures sections all display similar information divided by product types. At the top left of each section, you can see the market value of all of the positions in their respective product type.
The Equities section shows all of your open stock positions, the trading price for each, and the value for each in the current market.
The Options and Futures sections illustrate the same details as the Equities section, but with more line items to describe each individual contract.
In all the three sections, you can click on the individual Trade Price or Quantity and find a breakdown of each trade on that particular product. In addition, you can customize the columns and sort the data by any column:
- To customize the columns, right click on a header and choose Customize. In the menu that appears, you can add or remove items by selecting a spec and clicking the appropriate action button (Add items or Remove items). You can re-order the current set of columns by selecting an item you would like to move in the Current Set pane then clicking the Move Up or Move Down buttons. Once your columns are set, click OK and view your customized table.
- To sort the table by a column, click on its header. An up arrow will appear, which indicates the ascending sort. Clicking again will give the column a descending sort (indicated by a down arrow ). To return to the unsorted state, click again.
Profits and Losses
The Profits and Losses section allows you to view the P/L value for each position. By default, the platform displays the profit or loss for your open positions, the percentage on your open positions, the Day P/L value, the Year To Date P/L value, the margin requirement, and the current market value.
You can sort this by selecting the drop-down menu next to the section title and switch from By Symbol to view Overall.
Forex Account Summary
The Forex Account Summary section is an overview of your entire forex account. The details for this section provide an in-depth information on Forex transactions only.
The Account Summary section provides a quick look at the summation of funds available in your account. You can find the following in the Account Summary:
- Net Liquidating Value
- Buying Power
- The value of your holdings broken down by long and short positions
- The amount of commissions paid for the current year to date
Hover over the headings in the Buying Power section to view the formula used to calculate the corresponding values. To set an alert on a change in any of the values in this section, click on the desirable Buying Power heading, specify the alert rules, and click Create.