You may have noticed that some of your TD Ameritrade accounts have moved to Schwab but one or more accounts is still appearing at TD Ameritrade. You still have access to the accounts that moved to Schwab and simply need to repoint your application to Schwab to see those accounts on thinkorswim. To do so on thinkorswim desktop, follow the steps below:
- Launch thinkorswim.
- On the login screen, navigate to the bottom left corner and click on the gear wheel to open the Settings menu.
- At the top, click on the Account dropdown for and select Schwab, then click Save.
- Click Restart when prompted. The application will restart, download the necessary files, and take you to the login screen again.
- You are now able to enter thinkorswim with your Schwab credentials. Enter your Schwab Login ID, click Continue, then enter your password and click Continue once more.
- If applicable, verify your account via 2 Factor Authentication.
- Happy Trading!
If you do not remember the Schwab Login ID that you created, please visit this page for login assistance or contact us at 800-435-9050 and we will be happy to assist you!
Do you plan to actively use thinkorswim desktop in an account that has moved to Schwab as well as in an account that is still at TD Ameritrade?
If so, you may wish to consider downloading a second instance of thinkorswim. This will allow you to have one instance of thinkorswim desktop connected to Schwab and a second instance connected to TD Ameritrade so that you do not need to switch your connection back and forth. You can copy over your desktop settings from your existing download of desktop to the new instance. Go here to download a second instance of thinkorswim desktop. You can find detailed instructions on how to download a second instance as well as how to share desktop settings here.
If you have any questions about this process or require any assistance downloading thinkorswim or sharing settings, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 800-672-2098.