To support new features in future releases, we are drawing down our 32-bit version of thinkorswim. Those of you who still run the 32-bit version will need to upgrade it to the 64-bit version. Use the steps outlined in this article to migrate your workspaces along with the upgrade.
To upgrade thinkorswim and migrate your workspaces:
- Navigate back to the pop-up on thinkorswim and click on “Yes” to download the correct version of thinkorswim for your operating system.
- On the login screen, open the settings menu by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
- In the bottom left corner of the Settings screen, click on the clock icon. Select Choose folder… from the menu that appears.
- In the browser window that opens up, navigate to the thinkorswim installation folder. By default, the path to it is “Windows (C:)/Program Files(x86)/thinkorswim”. If you have installed thinkorswim to a non-default location, consider using the system search to find it.
- Select the thinkorswim folder and click OK. The Settings screen will reappear.
- Click Save.
- Proceed with logging in to thinkorswim. Once you log in, your previous workspaces should be available.
As always, if you have any questions with this process or require any assistance, we are here to help! Feel free to reach out to our support team at 800-672-2098.